Monday, October 31, 2011

Step in time!

This year for Halloween we were Mary Poppins and Bert!

For the costumes I took lots of trips to the DI (thrift store) and picked up what I could find. I got my skirt, bag, and jacket there and got Nick's blue and black shirts and his suspenders there.
We got our hats at Walmart.
Then we got the rest of our supplies at Dollar Tree. I got some daisies there to sew onto my hat and we used a broom stick and some floral supplies to make Nick's chimney sweep.
Mary Poppins looks a little short ... next time I will wear heels :)
But other than that I like how they turned out!

Happy Halloween!

Linked to: Made by you Monday,


Making Monday Marvelous Linky Party 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. Just wanted to say your costumes look AMAZING! I love Mary Poppins and you two look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seriously always wanted to dress up as Mary Poppins (and make Andrew dress up as Bert!) Andrew pretty much refuses to dress up for Halloween :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! working on blog post now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are THE BEST costumes!!! The Jetsons are always so creative. Love you guys :)

    ReplyDelete