Thursday, September 22, 2011

Love You Forever

Remember this book?


I didn't grow up with this book. I first read it when I was a teenager, and I thought it was creepy! But now just seeing the picture below brings tears to my eyes.


"Well, that mother, she got older. She got older and older and older. One day she called up her son and said, 'You'd better come see me because I'm very old and sick.' So her son came to see her. When he came in the door she tried to sing the song. She sang:
I'll love you forever,

I'll like you for always...
But she couldn't finish because she was too old and sick. The son went to his mother. He picked her up and rocked her back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. And he sang this song:

I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
my Mommy you'll be."

Is everyone feeling sentimental now? I am! I can only imagine how this will make me feel when I actually have kids!

kid 1: What is mom blubbering about now?
kid 2: She just read me Love You Forever

It'll probably go something like that. Hah! But seriously, I love the song the mom sings to her son. Precious. So I decided to write up the quote and frame it.

 Feel free to save the image and use it if you likey!

(I used Penny Springmann's 100% Recycled  to make this)

.



Somewhat SimpleTransformation ThursdayIt's a Keeper

4 comments:

  1. I grew up with this book!!! I love it!! yay memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOOOOVE THAT BOOK!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use to read this to my older child that is now 22 and still talks about it and reads it sometimes!! GREAT BOOK!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is too cute! I will definately be reading this when I have kids!

      Delete